An article for AppleInsider has been updated to reflect the removal of lockstitches from the iOS 11 lock screen.
The company removed the feature after a backlash from users, who claimed it was causing issues with their lockscreen widgets.
The change means the lockscreen should now include a variety of unlock buttons for iPhone and iPad, with the new lockstitched option only appearing on certain Apple devices.
Here are the new lockscreen options, in order of preference: – iPhone: Home, Settings, Lock, Lock Screen, Lock icon.
– iPad: Home , Settings, Home, Lock , Lock icon, Slide over to Home.
– Apple TV: AirPlay, Lock screen, Lock.
– Watch: Home (iPhone only), Settings, Sleep, Sleep icon, Lock and lock screen, Slide on the home screen.
– Mac: Spotlight, Spotlight, Lock (iPhone), Slide on Home, Slide to Home icon, Select all.
– Amazon Fire: Amazon Fire, Home (iOS 11 only), Home, Home icon.
Here’s the full list of available lockstitching options.
The new options were added to the iOS Settings app this week.
Here is the full iOS 11 Settings app.
AppleInsiders previously reported that a lot of users were experiencing locksticks when attempting to unlock an iPhone or iPad.
A lot of the issues were caused by a bug with the lock screen widgets and the Lockstitch option.
The issue was first spotted in the iOS 10.4 beta, which Apple rolled out in September.
While the lockstitcher was removed in iOS 11, the issue persists on iOS 11 beta 4 and later.
The iOS 11 Lockstitcher has since been removed from the app.
Here, you can see the new options: iPhone – Home , Lock , Slide over, Home button, Home row, Home cog, Lock to Home (Home button only), Slide to Lock (Home icon only), Lock icon (only for iPhone).
iPad – Home, Customize, Lock button, Slide, Home to Home, Swipe to Home button.
– iPhone, Custom, Custom icon, Custom to Home to Lock, Slide Home, and Slide Home to Unlock.
– iPod touch, Lock bar, Slide (Home, Home bar, Home and Lock icon), Slide (Custom icon only for iPhone), Slide, Lockicon (only iPhone).
Mac – Spotlight, Custom Home, Spotlight icon, Home , Slide icon, Sleep bar, Sleep to Home , Sleep icon (Only for Mac).
Amazon Fire – Amazon Home, Apple Home, iCloud, Amazon Home icon (iPhone Only).
Watch – Lock, Home Icon, Home Bar, Sleepbar, Sleep To Home (only when paired with Watch), Slide Home (Only when paired to Watch).
Here are Apple’s updated lockstikings.